Monday, April 2, 2012

Bunny bunting and a birthday

Easter is coming fast! We decorated last week, but the kids wanted to make something, so we made a bunny bunting. I got the idea from Jenn at Clean and Scentsible. I just drew the backside outline of a bunny and made two patterns, one for each child. They cut the bunnies out of white cardstock. They are about 5"x 8" and we could fit two of them side by side on each sheet of cardstock. Then I used my big 3" circle punch to make patterns for the tail. The kids traced them on the back of patterned scrapbook paper and used scalloped scissors to cut them inside the line. I punched out solid cardstock circles and they glued theirs onto them. We attached the tails with a square of double-sided foam tape to give them some dimension. I think they turned out pretty cute!


We punched holes in the ears and strung them on some cotton yarn I have that is nice Easter colors.



Hally also had a birthday last week, so she got to have a friend over for the night, which turned into two nights, so they did a project of their own.



They went out to the wood scrap pile and picked out a couple of pieces of wood and painted name signs.


We also did their silhouettes.



We used scrapbook paper instead of black paper. We wanted some color! It really is easy to keep kids happy. Occupy their hands and you've won at least half the battle.
A fairy land cake.

She's eleven now!
Crackers and I are working on the new coaster project, so don't give up hope. It's just taking a little longer to make sure we do it right so we can show you the easiest way. Goodbye for now and love to all,

No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Crackers and I really want know what you think.