Thursday, April 19, 2012

Tic-Tac-Toe

How is your day today? I think we need to exchange weather information, to see what the difference is between yours and ours. We are having a rainy, overcast day, and some people (grandpa) don't like that, but I love rainy days! They make me want to curl up with a good book and a cup of hot chocolate!

I finally got a slice of tree that I've been wanting for a while now. The people in back of us decided to cut down a bunch of trees on the hillside between our houses, and the guys who were doing the cutting were nice enough to cut me some rounds! And they gave me a chunk so that I could have my husband cut a few more.



The one I was really wanted, though, was this one.


I wood burned a Tic-Tac-Toe board on one side and an IQ game on the other side. A while back, I had the kids gather small rocks and we painted them like bugs. They've been just waiting for the tree round so the game would be complete.


Now we have the whole game!!




Aren't they cute? If you don't have a wood burner, you could use a permanent marker to make the lines. If you use a brown one, they will look a lot like the wood burned lines. And you can buy tree rounds at hobby and craft stores, you don't have to wait for some nice tree-trimmer-guy to take pity on you and slice you a tree. We all had a lot of fun making these games, and now we're having fun playing them! And I know you will, too. My only suggestion would be to make sure all your rocks are little. Some of ours are a bit big, and they take up a lot of room on the IQ side, as you can see. But, hey! They still work! So have some fun and make yourselves a cool game. Goodbye for now and love to all,


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Crackers and I really want know what you think.