Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Tuesday Treasures

Happy Tuesday to all of you out there in bloggerland. I hope you are having a great week! Crackers and I are just as happy as 2 little birds with french fries. We are starting a new feature on this blog called Tuesday Treasures. We will feature things that we consider "treasures" that other people might just pass right by. Especially since Crackers treasures tend to be close to the ground (or ON the ground :) ). But today's treasure is mine, and it is.....ta duh! Crackers! She is a treasure all by herself, and I thought you might like to see her birth. She doesn't think you will be interested, but I think you might enjoy it.

She started out at Joanne's Fabric store, where I picked her out and brought her home. I then had to make a pattern for her, and re-make it several times until she looked just right! Here is her first prototype.



She was too square, or I guess I should say too triangle-ly, and she didn't look right. So I started over. After a few more tries, she looked like this.

Then I got to work on her feet and legs. Her big feet and very un-duckly legs were a bit unwieldy, but I managed to get them done.


Next I made her wings and her bill. Both the legs and the wings have wire in them so she can be posed.


Now it was time to put her all together. She originally had hair to match her tail, but it made her look like a rooster, so I got rid of that Quick!

This is what she looked like as she emerged. Her wings and bill had to come out first, so there was room to turn the rest of her. Doesn't is look like she's hatching? I had to sew her legs in after she was turned, because they are so long, there was no room for them inside as I stitched her.


And here she is, all ready for the finishing touches, like eyeballs and a tongue. I also gave her a little embroidery floss hair that looks more like duck hair (if there is such a thing) and stuffed her bill. She is so excited to get to know all of you and to show you the things she likes.

Well, that was the birth of Crackers. If you enjoyed seeing it, drop us a comment a let Crackers know.

That was my Tuesday Treasure for this week. Next week, you will get to see Crackers' first treasure. She is looking hard for something that will please both you and her, so come back and find out what it is. For now, we will say good-bye and love to all from....


No comments:

Post a Comment

We love comments! Crackers and I really want know what you think.